Lauren E. Barker
Lauren Barker is an Associate Attorney at DJR García with experience advising community health clinics on regulatory and business matters including telehealth, patient privacy, audits and reconciliation appeals, overpayment investigations, merger, acquisition, and dissolution as well as employment issues including workplace investigations, employment agreements, policy development, and employee training. She has advised clients on federal regulatory compliance with HIPAA, the 60-day rule for overpayments, 340B Program requirements, and HHS and sister agency regulations.
Prior to joining DJR García, Ms. Barker worked at Kronick Moskovitz Tiedemann and Girard in the healthcare and business services department. She also worked with Content Creators Coalition, a national artist advocacy group, advising on intellectual property and labor law issues including copyright enforcement, royalty negotiation, policy development, and outreach. Ms. Barker received her J.D. from Loyola Law School in Los Angeles.
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, Dean’s Honor List
Juris Doctor, 2015
- Occidental College, Los Angeles, Dean’s List
Activities & Affiliations
- Sacramento County Bar Association, Health Care Law – Member
- California Lawyer’s Association, Business and Environmental sections – Member
- American Health Law Association – Member